Monday, June 15, 2009

Very Unordinary Day

8:53 pm...

I spent most of the day with Nick, and it turned out to be a very interesting one. After writing the journal entry this morning, I came back to the house and found Nick up and ready to start his day. He slept peacefully last night and so had I, despite the weird heartbeat I heard last night. It seemed like everything was better today because Nick wasn't so busy. I was even happy with my ever-growing hair, which seems to be a little bit past my shoulders, and my clown feet. Sophie was with Tom again, and I'm going to have to start spending more time with her because even though she has a best friend in Gina and she has a big brother in Tom, she still needs to know that I am her mother and Nick is now her father. Hopefully, she'll forget that this happened or she'll think it was a bad dream when she is older.

Nick announced our next course of action and told everyone that I was going to be his counsel, along with Dick. I doubt that he will come to me about committee business, but that's fine. I don't want him to feel like he is being biased with me. I thought that I wanted to be part of the council and know everything, but I think that I would rather be just a wife and mother at home. If I had ever thought that back before the plague, I would've thought that I was high. Now, anything is possible.

We should be heading to Boulder the day after tomorrow. Everybody is getting ready and I guess that means that Peter, Lisa, Sophie and I are going to be back on the road again. I know for sure that this trip to Boulder will be a lot more pleasurable because I've already met Nick and we're madly in love.

I thought about keeping the heartbeat incident to myself, but I don't feel like I'm inclined to keep anything from Nick. I asked him if he had sensed anything last night and he told me that he hadn't. So, I guess that it was just me that noticed that something was off. Once that conversation was over, we finally talked about sex. I mentioned it, of course, but Nick didn't mind. He doesn't mind me doing the things that I used to do pre-plague and talking about sex is one of them. That led us back to how our lives were before the Superflu. I told Nick that I had considered going to Las Vegas with Mikey, which I never planned on telling anyone because I'm not proud that I wasn't sure I knew where I belonged. Still, Nick was calm about it and he told me that he knew already. That man never ceases to amaze me.

Our conversation went back to sex and Nick told me some things that shocked the hell out of me. I mean, gauging from how our nights are spent, I had a bit of a clue of it all, but I was happy to see a part of Nick that is an actual man. That talk led us to going back into the cornfield and me doing something that I haven't done in at least three years. However, Nick said (and I agreed) that it didn't feel wrong or dirty. It felt new and clean and sacred that I was doing that for a man that I love and will never leave unless God takes him away (God forbid). I find it so ironic that I slept around from the age of 16 until the Superflu, but I feel like I was waiting for that one man and that one man is Nick. My body is for him and his children only. When we make love, it feels like he's coming home to me. I don't feel like that's a bad thing and I think that I should be glad that I found that out at such a young age.

By the way, Nick is spoiling me when it comes to making love. Apparently, I am thinking that things that are normal are special tricks. Those men that I was with, they cheated me! I feel so inexperienced with Nick sometimes, and he is ever patient and ever loving. Eventually, he's going to lose his patience.

Well, I guess that's all for tonight. I'll write in the morning if anything new happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment