Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Cheese Blog

9:44 pm...

I miss cheese. I know this is the last thing I should write a blog about, but that's the thing I miss about being in Wisconsin. I heard California has some really awesome cheese, but Wisconsin cheese is what I'm craving big time. A nice big double cheeseburger with chili cheese fries sounds so fucking good right now. I can't wait for the electricity to be turned on. Also, a nice wheel of Brie would be Heaven sent.

My family was seafood lovers and I was a cheese lover. I could basically take or leave seafood, but if someone sent me some Brie or made some mac and cheese, I was in seventh heaven. I used to hate cheese when I was little. I wouldn't even eat cheese for money but when I had my first bite of my friend's lasagna, I instantly fell in love. After that, I went into the pursuit of finding good cheese. I am now a really big fan of Brie, Mozzarella, Provolone, American, Cheddar and Gouda.

Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to have any of those cheeses right now because the refrigerators are not on and all of the cheeses are rancid. I can't even have milk right now and I've had to settle with orange juice w/calcium, or prenatal vitamins and Vitamin Water or Propel or Snapple or whatever drink that doesn't need to be refrigerated. I'm too afraid to double up on the prenatal vitamins because I don't want to hurt the baby. I've also become a little avoid-y of sex with Nick. I can tell he's itching to have sex with me, but I might have become a little paranoid. It's not like Nick and I were into rough, S & M sex, but I can now see why he was suddenly so careful once we found out about the baby. In three weeks, he'll get the time of his life, though.

I'll be 9 weeks pregnant in two days. If I can just get to the second trimester without any problems, I will be so happy. I just keep telling myself "Three weeks, Lily. Three weeks and I'll be out of the woods." I'm anxious just thinking about it.

Well, it's time for me to go to sleep. I'm going to be teaching Sophie how to count in the morning. My brilliant little girl already learned how to read and soon, I'm going to teach her how to tie her shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment